No events yet! Check back later.
Stephenia H. McGee is a multi-published author of stories of faith, hope, and healing set in the Deep South. She lives in Mississippi, where she is a mom of two rambunctious boys, writer, dreamer, and husband spoiler. Her novel The Cedar Key was a 2021 Faith, Hope, and Love Readers’ Choice award winner. A member of the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) and the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution), she loves all things books and history. Stephenia loves connecting with readers and can often be found having fun with her Faithful Readers Team on Facebook. For more on books and upcoming events and to connect with Stephenia, visit her at www.StepheniaMcGee.com.
HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTO
Click to download.
EVENTS AND SPEAKING
I’m happy to come speak at local events or zoom with book clubs all over the country (or beyond!). We can talk about anything you’d like, but if you need some ideas for a talk at your library, church, or other event, here are a few ideas:
- The Crazy Truth in Fiction: How history provides the best stories
- Fashion in the 1800’s (Stephenia can even come dressed in hoop skirts!)
- Nursing and Other “women’s work” During the Civil War
- Location, location, location: How real places impact the story
- Keeping the Faith: How stories reveal our need for God
- 5 keys to becoming a successful writer
- Who do you write for? Choosing the publishing path that’s right for you.
- Pack a Punch! How to write characters with emotional depth
In addition to speaking at multiple book signings, book clubs, bookstore and library events, Stephenia has appeared on radio shows, Mississippi television networks, and has written for numerous magazines, newspapers, and blogs.
See the feature for In His Eyes in Family Fiction
Character interview for The Swindler’s Daughter - Novel PASTimes
Author interview for The Swindler’s Daughter - Readers Entertainment Magazine
The Secrets of Emberwild - Inspirational Historical Fiction Index
Normal is Just Another Word for Average: Writing Strong Women Who Still Stay True to History - The Historical Novel Society
More To Life: Out of the Saddle - More to Life
RADIO AND PODCAST INTERVIEWS
Interview (Family Fiction Podcast) - Christian Fiction Bookshelf